Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cowboy Jaden and the Baby Contest...

Mark and I decided it would be fun to enter Jaden in the Orem City Days Baby Contest this year. The theme was "Everyone has a story" and you had to come up with a costume for the Contest. Since before Jaden was born Mark and I have always talked about getting Jaden some Cowboy Boots and a Cowboy outfit. Mark went on his mission to Billings, Montana and served in parts of Wyoming and there he fell in love with the Cowboy Lifestyle. So we thought it would be fun to dress Jaden up as a cowboy. We might have went a little overboard and spent a little too much but it was a lot of fun. We got Jaden some authentic cowboy boots, wrangler jeans, and belt with a longhorn beltbuckle, ranching gloves, a cowboy hat and a cowboy shirt.



Most of the pictures I took don't have him in the full ensamble but the pictures where so stinkin' cute. Jaden is such a poser (picture poser that is) he posed himself in alot of these pictures and I just snapped the camera.



Ofcourse we are a little prejudiced because we are Jaden's parents and we think he is the cutest little boy ever but it was fun to see that other people agree that he's a pretty cute boy as well. He took second place in his age category and we were thrilled! I was really impressed that he even placed with the loads of kids there. He won some fun gift certificates and a cowboy book and a CD and some other fun goodies. All in all it was just a fun experience and fun to get Jaden all dressed up. We decided will use his outfit for his Halloween Costume as well.





Jaden's full Cowboy ensamble





































Cowboy in Deep Thought


Sad Cowboy



Sleepy Cowboy



No comments: