Tuesday, September 29, 2009

4th of July & Swine Flu?

So we never got over those allergies in Oregon and we started figuring it was a cold a really nasty one at that. It just kept hanging on for Mark & Jaden especially and getting worse. We had some plans to do some things with Mark's sister Marilee's family but we were all just too sick and especially Mark. I really knew Mark was sick when he came home from work early (he never stops working for anything, he goes to work throwing up) called his sister and told her he was too sick to golf (he never misses golfing!) and went back to sleep until 11:00 a.m. (Mark can never sleep in past 8:30 a.m.!) So I really knew Mark was sick. While Mark slept Jaden and I got up early in the morning to go see the Hot Air Balloon's launch. That is such a pretty sight to see those coming up over the mountains. Then we went and found some great seats to watch the Provo Parade. Jaden loved the firetrucks and the police cars and the Horseys and he loved dancing to all the music. We left the parade early before all the traffic and got home just as Mark was waking up. He was feeling much better after getting some rest and we decided to make our own little 4th of July Barbeque. It was very yummy! Then we went over to our nextdoor neighbor's the Lassen's and had homemade icecream for dessert and then set off lots of fun fireworks. It was a perfect 4th of July minus the sickness but it was so nice and such a relaxing day.





The next day wasn't quite so fun Jaden got much sicker and started having trouble breathing at night. His breathing was really raspy all night long and several times he'd wake up gasping for breath. I gave him alot of warm apple juice that night to help soothe his airway and it would help alot. He seemed to be better during the day and then started struggling at night again. I was afraid he was going to end up in the hospital again but our neighbor Gordon and Mark gave him a blessing. I'm so grateful for blessings! He pulled out of it and got better very quickly. He even slept well that night and the next day was bouncing around like the Jaden I know so well! The doctors were not sure if it was swine flu or not and were not going to test him for it. So we will never know all we know is it was sure a nasty cold that lasted forever and was not fun!





These are the masks they make you wear at that doctor's office when you have any type of respirtory problems. I just thought it was funny seeing it on Jaden so I had to take a picture.



Jaden & Mark watching our neighborhood fireworks display...











Jaden at the Provo City Fourth of July Parade




No comments: