We visited the cabin a few times this summer, not nearly enough though! We love our family cabin and we feel so blessed to have access to it that we like to share the fun with others as well. We love bringing friends and going with family to the cabin. Collin (Mark's long time best friend) went with us everytime we went. We took the Dowdle's this year a family Mark became friends with on his mission and another time we took the Lassen's (Collin's family).
We all enjoyed some fun new toys at the cabin this year thanks to Aunt Gloria who bought a RZR and playground for the kids. They are both very welcome additions to the cabin! We took the RZR up and did Skyline drive on one of our cabin trips. It was pretty funny Jaden slept through most of the trip to Skyline in the RZR on the roughest part of the trip. Something about rough roads and turbulance in airplanes put him to sleep like nothing else will. It's pretty funny because I can't get the kid to fall asleep for nothing unless he is in his bed or in those kind of circumstances, for everything else he has to be awake and alert, he doesn't like to miss a thing.
The new playground is alot of fun too. It has a little picnic bench, swings, a rock climbing wall, and a clubhouse with a little telescope. Jaden loved every minute of playing on it. Thanks Aunt Gloria!!! I forgot my camera on the second trip, so all our pictures are from the first trip with the Dowdle's.

This picture was taken from the window in the kitchen. It's so fun to look out your kitchen window in the morning and see a deer staring you right in the face. This year the animals seemed alot more "friendly." I was sitting out on the deck reading my book when a little squirrel started running around my feet. It seemed to have no fear of me. It just sccurried all around collecting and gathering and running back and forth and even stopping to look at me every now and then. The funniest was when we were packing up to leave and I was putting something into the car and Jaden was standing right behind me. I was paying attention to packing when all of a sudden I hear Jaden start to whine and ignored it a first but the whine got more frightened. I turned around to see this BIG squirrel with it's paws on Jaden's pant leg just staring up a Jaden not a fear in the world. I stomped my foot and it backed off a little bit but it didn't run off. I picked up Jaden who was greatly relieved to be in my arms and clung desperately to me digging his fingers deep into my arm. It was difficult for me to get much packing done after that because even when I got the squirrel to leave Jaden still wouldn't let me go. Collin also go pictures of the same squirrel reaching up and trying to touch his cell phone while he was taking pictures of it. People in the cabin association must be feeding these animals a little to well because they were a little too friendly... But it was fun to be that up close and personal with them. (well maybe not for Jaden)

Look at that Smile! Can't you just tell Jaden has found his love, The RZR! He is all boy, loving trucks, cars, 4-wheelers, planes, trains, anything with an engine and he's hooked!



Cold day at the cabin...

Gary Dowdle, Mark & Jaden

Gary, Zoann & Eric

Sondra, Mark & Jaden in the RZR


"Looking for adventure"

Mark & Jaden & Collin

Jaden made this little bed for himself right next to the window. It's his favorte spot in the cabin.
No comments:
Post a Comment