I cleaned him up and set him in the rocking chair with his cartoons so I could go downstairs and wash his clothes when Mark announced he threw up again. Mark cleaned the whole rocking chair and the floor. I was so thankful he was there! We had to change Jaden several more times that night. I didn't even think of it but while I was cleaning Jaden up Mark came in and offered to give him a priesthood blessing, I'm so greatful for the priesthood my husband holds! Mark finally went to sleep at 4:00 a.m. and had to get back up in the morning for class. My Husband was my Hero that night and I was so greatful for all his help! Mark and I got a kick out of Jaden the next day even though we felt awful for him at the same time, He threw up all over him self and just looked at me disgusted and shaking he said "Messy!" "Mess, Mommy... Mess..." Jaden is very maticulous, he doesn't like it when his fingers or his face gets messy and he loves to clean.
When Jaden finally got over the stomach flu the next day I know this sounds weird but I felt like we'd accomplished something great. Since Jaden was born it seems like his illness or accidents always lead to the doctors and eventually the hospital. I felt like we finally made it through a serious illness with out having to even go to the doctors and even though it was messy and tiring and we felt alwful for the poor guy it felt great that we made it through!
5 comments:
I have been there SO many times. You think they are just being stinks until you find out something is really wrong! Then we feel terrible..well...thats motherhood...aren't husbands great at times like these? and always of course....good luck!
Poor little thing! You feel so sorry for them and they just have the sadest look on there face and your heart really goes out to them! I feel the same way about the boys getting sick and ending up in places you don't want to be in! Hope he's doing much better!
My kids usually decide(as if by choice) to get sick when Mike is on call. One time Anna threw up anytime a drop of water hit her stomach. The pedi gave me a tip: Give a dose of benedryl. It relaxes the body and the stomach muscles. After 30 minutes give some liquid to see if they are able to hold it down.
WAY TO go you two! that would be so hard in a few different ways. What a blessing it is to have the preisthood in your home.
poor thing :( sick babies are so sad. anytime riley even gets a cold i just cry. i feel so bad for her. she got a double ear infection this last week and it broke my heart. way to get through this. the priesthood is AMAZING!!!!
Post a Comment