Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fun in February!

February was a full month for us! Our 3rd anniversary was on Dec. 30th but with everyone gone for the holidays we were left with out a Baby Sitter so we decided to wait a month so my parents could tend Jaden for the weekend at the very beginning of February. It was the first time we had been without Jaden for that long. We felt like Newlyweds again! (Although, we ended up picking up Jaden early because we both missed him to much!) We went out to eat 3 times in 2 days and we were able to go do sealings at the temple. We always love to go to the temple to celebrate our anniversary. (On our first anniversary we went to the Salt Lake Temple to do a session and low and behold Elder Dallin H. Oaks was in our session and we were able to sit in the Celestial Room right across from an Apostle. It was such a wonderful experience one that we remember every anniversary.) One of my favorite parts of the weekend was when Mark surprised me with a dozen gorgeous roses! I love my hubby! We have our challenges but we also have lots of joy and lots of fun. I'm so glad he chose me and I chose him. There is no one else I'd rather go through the joys, the tests and the triumphs of life with! Our favorite saying comes from the movie "The Family Man" You know when they are standing in the airport and Kate is trying to convince Jack to stay... She says "I Choose Us" and honey "I choose us" from now through all eternity.




My mom's early Valentine's Day present to Jaden and I was a fun day of Valentines Cookie Making! Jaden had lots of fun dipping the cookies in the sprinkles and eating the dough! We also went swimming and went to Artic Circle it was Jaden's first time playing on a play structure and as you can see by the pictures he loved every minute of it, especially the slide!








For Valentines Day Mark had to go to Wyoming for the day but he was back by dinner time. I made a carpet picnic and dressed Jaden in his suit & tie and he was our little Matridee (Isn't he the cutest Matridee you've ever seen!) He had a little Valentine's heart he made for Mark to give to him when he walked in the door. We had our carpet picnic as a family and then put Jaden to bed and watched "Fireproof." It is an awesome movie! I highly recommend it! It's made by a Christian group and it's a great message about the importance of marriage and about what true love really means.



I also had decided to make a Candy Bar Card for Mark for Valentine's. I didn't realize what I had gotten myself into. I decided to do all the words on the card with my Cricut. I'm a begginer with the Cricut and I couldn't figure out how to join the words together so I lined the letters up with a ruler and pasted each letter on the card individually! It took me 10 hours from start to finish to complete the card! All I can say is there is a lot of love that went into that card!




The Card reads:

Marky, I know life can be a ROCKY ROAD full of a lot of HE (HErshey Bar with the rest of the letters covered) said SHE (HerSHEy bar) saids and I can be an AIRHEAD and forget that I SKORed far more than 100 GRAND the day I married you.

But BABY (BABY Ruth) I found great JOY (Almond JOY) when I took a closer LOOK! and realized that by putting the PIECES (Reeses Pieces) of our lives together we make a beautiful SYMPHONY. So don't SNICKER (Snickers) SWEETHEART (Sweetharts) because I'm so greatful to walk through eternity with your FINGERS (Butterfingers) entwined in mine! Marky MMm... (M&M's) I'm NUTS (I taped the word NUTS over the PeaNUT M&M's) about you!

Marky getting his favorite hugs from Jaden


All in all February was full of alot of Love so full that I have to write another post about it! Mark's Birthday is next up!

No comments: