Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Throw or a Treat?

I've been wanting to do a Halloween post but our internet was having problems downloading pictures for a while. Before our Halloween night even begun Jaden started hearing the kids coming to the door again and again and he got so excited to see what was going on and to be apart of it that I couldn't get him to eat his dinner or keep him away from the door without a meltdown. Once we got him all ready and outside we had a ton of fun trick or treating or should I say throw or treating. Jaden has gotten really into throwing things lately and maybe it was appropriate the he was dressed up in BYU appearal for Halloween than. I thought along with his little BYU costume I would put his little squishy BYU football in his little plastic pumpkin (that turned out to be a big mistake). The first house we went to was our old Bishop's. Well when the Bishop went to offer Jaden some candy I think Jaden thought he had to make a trade or something so he grabbed his football out of his plastic pumkin and threw it at him. Thankfully the Bishop took it all in good turn. We thought we'd give Jaden another try but Jaden just wanted to live up to his costume and enjoyed tossing the ball to people when they would give him a treat. We learned our lesson after a few houses. It was a lot of fun watching him start to grasp the concept of trick or treating after a while. Let me tell you I've never seen him hold so tight to anything as he did that little plastic pumpkin all night. It's so fun to see your how your kids react to new things, it almost makes you feel like a kid again yourself. I can now hardly wait to see what Jaden will think of Christmas.
Jaden having fun with his cousins at his Great Grandma Stratton's Halloween Party at the Retirement Home. Jaden loves his cousins. You would think they hung the moon the way he follows them around everywhere and they are so good to him in return.

Jaden with Daddy, Great Grandma Stratton and Great Grandpa Lear
Jaden waiting for the trick or treaters

Our little BYU football fan

2 comments:

Sarah... said...

I LOVE that BYU shirt!! What did you get it? Jonny (my husband) would freak out if he could get one for Drew (our little boy). Too cool! This is the big weekend! WOOT WOOT! HaHa

P.S. love your blog!

Sarah... said...

*where did you get it... oops