Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Let Them Be Little"

I can hardly believe our sweet little Jaden boy is 3! Our baby is not a baby anymore. The night before his birthday I spent alot of time on my knees thanking Heavenly Father for this sweet boy in our lives and helping us through so many things with him. Making it to that day almost seemed like a miracle. Jaden is a sweet miracle. I can never forget walking to the NICU and only knowing this sweet baby boy for a few days and feeling this overwhelming powerful love wash over me. I knew then that I would go anywhere and do anything for the well-being of this tiny little person.

I've never known such pain or worry than watching our own child suffer through illnesses, broken legs, hospital stays and etc... It's 10 times worse than your own pain. On the other hand I've never known such great joys and love and had any sweeter rewards than I have found on a daily basis being a Mom. I'm glad though that my anxiety of being a first time mom has toned down alot over 3 years and I've learned to trust my "maternal instincts" and not panic or worry quite so much. I feel like I've been a lot more relaxed during my 2nd pregnancy even though I've had more complications. It is sure had to believe 3 years have gone by and it's a little hard to let my baby grow up but I look forward to many, many more years with my sweet boys! I thought I'd post a little video that I made for Jaden when he was a few months old....


1 comment:

Jay and Emily said...

I loved reading about your feelings for Jaden. There is nothing better than being a mother. Happy Birthday jaden!