Easter was a full day I probably pushed it a little harder than I should have being on very limited activity/bedrest for my pregnancy but I tried to take it easy as much as I could. I love Easter and I didn't want to miss all the fun so I tried to be careful and take part in as much as I could. Thanks to my Dad we were able to give Jaden some fun things for Easter. Mark has been so busy with school and trying to take care of me and Jaden since I've been on bedrest and his plate is a little full and I couldn't get out to buy things for Mark or Jaden so my Dad took a shopping list from me and went to work. He was our Easter Bunny this year.
I made the mistake of telling Jaden the Funny Easter Bunny was going to come while he was sleeping and hide his colored eggs and bring him some fun treats. Well needless to say he was so hyped up he didn't fall asleep until almost 10:45 he kept getting out of bed to see if the Easter Bunny had come yet. It was a fun Easter. Jaden found all 14 eggs I hid by himself, I was pretty impressed and he was so excited about his Easter Basket. This is the first time I've really seen him get into Candy before. My mom made us a nice Easter Breakfast and then for lunch we went to Mark's sisters for our traditional Ham and Funeral Potatoes (I look forward to it every year!). Then we always have a big Easter Egg & Candy hunt with the cousins, it was so much fun. That evening we had Easter Dinner with my parents and had a birthday cake for my cousin Kevin who is going to BYU right now and his birthday was the day after Easter. So since he came to have Easter Dinner with us we thought we would celebrate his birthday a little bit too.
All in all it was a wonderful Easter and I loved most of all teaching Jaden about the Savior's Ressurection from the Tomb. I loved it because he understood the basic parts we taught him about. I have a video of him retelling the story of how they rolled the rock over the tomb and then the angels move the rock and he was not in the tomb anymore because he was alive again but I can't get it to load. I'll have to try again another time. But here are the pics from Easter...
Happy Early Birthday Kevin!
George and Jordan "listening" :) to conference...
Uncle Rob decided to take a little rest on George & Jordan... This picture cracks me up see how all you can see of George and Jordan is their bums and their feet sticking out...
They're Free!
The kids emptying the candy from their plastic eggs and counting their loot!
Every year Grandma & Grandpa Stratton refill the plastic eggs with candy for the Easter Egg Hunt. The kids always empty out their eggs at the end and give back the plastic eggs to Grandma & Grandpa Stratton to use for next year... Thank You Grandma & Grandpa Stratton!
Jordan, Lauren, Jaden, Madisen, Dane (behind the basket) & George
Jaden with his basket full!
Cute Madisen!
Jordan counting his candy
Jaden a little cold but having tons of fun on the Easter Egg Hunt!
Daddy helping Jaden reach an Egg in a Tree...
Pretty Lauren
Dane hurrying to find more candy!
The race is on to find the eggs!
Waiting for the go ahead to start hunting for eggs...
The beautiful set up my mom had for our Easter Breakfast
I thought this was so funny Jaden set his Easter Bunny on top of the table and then leaned down and said to it... " K... funny bunny where are the eggs?"
Jaden looking for his Easter Eggs
Jaden with his Easter Basket & Mommy & Daddy's Easter Basket (The Easter Bunny knows I love Symphony Bars with Toffee!)
The Easter Egg Hunt...
1 comment:
Jaden is getting so big! It sounds like a really fun Easter. I am sure it was so fun for Jaden to look for the eggs. I love that he had a rough time going to bed because he was so excited for the Easter Bunny to come.
Post a Comment