Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July















We had a wonderful & full 4th of July weekend and we started it very early in the morning. We both got up at 4:45 a.m, Mark to go to work at East Bay for a short period of time and I got up to go to the Balloon Fest in Provo with my Mom & Jaden. (My dad didn't go with us because he was going horseback riding with the Bishop) Jaden must have felt the excitement because he woke up at 4:50 a.m. completely all ready to go for the day. We didn't quite make it for the launch but we saw the balloons shortly after they took off and it was a pretty amazing sight to see them rise above the mountains against the backdrop of a gorgeous sunrise. Afterwards we walked around and viewed the pre-parade activities. I love that atomosphere where everything is buzzing with excitement and anticipation. All the little kids running around and parents getting into it almost as much or even more than their kids. We didn't stay for the parade because my mom had to get back and the Stratton Family Breakfast was at the same time as the parade. It was a lot of fun because most of the Stratton's were there, Dan & Jenny & Patrick flew in the night before but we were missing Mike & Julie and the kids. Rewind for just a second to the parade. I love the parade and I especially love the Jets flying over at the beginning and I was a little sad I was going to miss that but it turned out that I didn't have to. As we were driving into Provo Canyon for the parade the Jets came zooming overhead. I was pretty excited that I got to see that even though I wasn't at the parade.
After breakfast with the family Marilee & Mark, Rob and my Marky went golfing (which is Mark's favorite 4th of July tradition) while the rest of the family relaxed and got ready for the cabin. We went to the cabin with Mom & Dad Stratton & Dan & Jenny & Patrick. We had the traditional Sanpete Turkey marinated in Soy Sauce and Sprite and barbequed potatoes and watermelon. We watched fireworks from the deck that night. The next day we packed the boys in their carseats (Jaden & Patrick) in the truck and took 3 four wheelers and headed off for skyline drive. It was absolutely beautiful and the boys did a great job in the truck for that long even with their little heads wobbling around with the rough road. Afterwards we went swimming up at camper world's pool where Mark & I have a membership thanks to my parents. Mark & Dan got really crazy with a game of ball that included lots of splashing and cleared most of the people out of the pool but then it was nice to have the pool to ourselves. That night most of us stayed up (Mark was just to tired and fell asleep with Jaden) and played a game a five crowns and then packed up the next day and went home.
All in all it was a wonderful weekend, the kind good and lasting memories are made. Just a shout out to the rest of my family both Stratton's and Dowd's and my friends as well we love you and missed you over the holiday but hope you all had a wonderful & happy 4th of July as well.

2 comments:

RockPanda said...

a cute boy

The Doctors Wife said...

I wish we could have been at the cabin with Ya'll. That's what we miss most about Utah.